Joint Replacement Recognition
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ 2022-2023
- America's 100 Best Orthopedic Surgery™ - 2023 (Only hospital in South Carolina's Midlands region)
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award - 2023
- Five-star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement in (2022-2023)
- Five-star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement (2019-2023)
- Five-star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment (2015-2023)
- Five-star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery 2023
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2023 (Only hospital in South Carolina's Midlands region and one of only two hospitals in South Carolina)
For the 2023 Report to the Nation, Healthgrades compared Specialty Excellence Award recipients for Joint Replacement as a group, to all other hospitals, as a group, and found from 2019-2021, patients treated at hospital receiving the Joint Replacement Specialty Award have, on average 63.5% lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the award. (Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPar data for years 2019 through 2021 and represent 3-year estimates for Medicare patients only).
Newberry Hospital is pleased to offer an award winning joint replacement program. We have exceptional people, our doctors, nurses, physical therapists and staff to thank. A concerted effort to deliver safe, high-quality orthopedic care assures each patient of exceptional care and optimal results.
Comprehensive Care for Bones and Joints
We offer the most advanced minimally invasive surgical and non-surgical orthopedic procedures for adult and pediatric patients. Our services include:
- ACL reconstruction
- Arthroscopic knee, shoulder, ankle, and hand surgery
- Back and neck surgery
- Back and neck pain management
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Cartilage transplants
- Fracture care
- Hip, knee, elbow, and shoulder joint replacements
- Sports medicine
Our Orthopedic Specialists
Newberry Hospital is pleased to have the specialists of Palmetto Bone & Joint on our medical staff. This exceptional team includes five orthopedic surgeons and two physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists who specialize in the non-surgical treatment of bone and joint issues, including back pain. All seven are Board Certified in their disciplines and offer the complete range of orthopedic services. Click on the names below to see their complete bios.
Palmetto Bone & Joint has a Newberry office in the Self Professional Building adjacent to the hospital. Visit Palmetto Bone & Joint for more information on the practice and to schedule an appointment.