Preparing For Your Stay
If you are having surgery or another procedure that requires a stay in the hospital, we recommend you prepare for your stay. Here are some helpful tips:
- Pre-registering will save you time
- Make sure you understand and follow your doctor’s instructions regarding diet and other preparations before you arrive.
- Make sure you are in compliance with your insurance company’s pre-certification, pre-authorization or second opinion requirements and they have approved your procedure.
- Arrange to have a support person bring you to the hospital and pick you up when discharged.
- Pack a small bag with things you’ll need during your stay.
- Bring your insurance card(s) and driver’s license.
- Bring your doctor’s orders, if any.
- Any applicable co-payment.
- Hearing aids, dentures, glasses, asthma inhalers
- Comfortable clothing for the return trip home
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Reading material
- Robe and slippers
- Valuable electronics
- Other valuables