To schedule an appointment or procedure, please contact our Scheduling Department at 803.405.7122. To fax an order to Scheduling please use 803.405.7467. Thank you for choosing Newberry Hospital.
Newberry Hospital offers advanced diagnostic technology and procedures to quickly and accurately diagnose various diseases and conditions. Our technology and the staff who operate them are on par with larger urban hospitals.
Our latest advanced technology is our new GE 64-slice Neusoft CT, which will be in operation in early February 2017. It offers faster scans, more detailed images and reduced exposure to radiation. Newberry Hospital is the first in the state to offer reduced exposure to radiation in this diagnostic equipment. Better images. Better diagnosis. No need to leave town.
Among the diagnostic procedures we provide are:
- Bone Densitometry
- Cardiac Stress Testing/HEARTScore
- CAT scans
- Digital Mammography
- Lymph node mapping
- Breast biopsies and Fine needle Localizations
- Echocardiology (See above information about new technology.)
- MRI (1.5 Tesla)
- 64-slice CT scanner (See above information about new technology.)
- Nuclear Medicine (dual-head camera)
- PACS–Picture Archiving and Communication System
- Vascular and diagnostic ultrasound
- X-Ray and Fluoroscopic Exams
Pitts Radiology provides radiology interpretations for Newberry Hospital. The radiologists are at the hospital Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. After hours, our radiologists are available to consult on emergencies for all procedures thanks to our sophisticated Picture Archiving and Communication system (PACS). PACS allows diagnostic images to be stored and then retrieved and transmitted to a computer accessible to the radiologist, facilitating the delivery of care.