General Information For Visitors
As of February 18, 2023:
- Hospital Visitation Hours: 7:00 am-7:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Weekend Visitation Hours: 9:00 am-4:00 pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Three visitors at a time in our Med/Surg area.
- Three visitors in our OB area including the support person. One visitor allowed to spend the night.
- OB may have two visitors during delivery including support person.
- Emergency Department patients may have one visitor in the back, but may trade-out.
- Two visitors allowed in the OR/Ambulatory Care area.
- Visitors must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Wellness Center is open 7:00 am to 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Outpatient Registration hours are 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We appreciate your continued support and thank you for choosing Newberry Hospital for your health and wellness needs.
Free visitor parking is available in the main hospital parking lot located in the front of the building (Kinard Street). Handicapped parking is reserved at various locations in the front of the building. Please lock your car. Do not leave valuables such as purses, etc. in plain view. If dropping off or picking up a patient, pull through the covered entranceway at the front of the hospital. Please do not leave your car unattended in the covered entrance way.
The Gift Nook
The Gift Nook is located on the first floor at the visitor entrance. It offers cards, snacks, reading material, toiletry items, and charming gifts. Operated by the Newberry County Hospital Foundation, Gift Nook sales support the hospital through Foundation projects. Learn more about The Gift Nook.
Visitor Waiting Rooms
Comfortable visitor waiting rooms are located on all patient units and in many service areas.
Guests may purchase meals from the cafeteria. You may also order a guest tray through the nursing staff up to one hour before meals.
Guest tray costs are:
- Breakfast - $5
- Lunch - $5
- Dinner - $5
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 8 a.m. (weekdays only)
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (weekdays only)
- Dinner: Guest trays may be ordered through the nursing staff
- Up4Grab cooler is available 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the café
There is a canteen with vending machines located at the basement level across from the elevators. A drink machine is also available at the Emergency Department entrance.
Many pastors and clergy members volunteer their time to minister to the spiritual needs of our patients. If you would like the services of pastoral care, ask your nurse or call 803.405-7130. Learn more about Pastoral Care.
Restrooms are located throughout the hospital. Visitor restrooms are located on the first floor between the lobby and the laboratory. Visitors are asked not to use the facilities in the patient’s room.
If you have questions concerning visiting hours or to find the best times to visit your friends and family members, contact us at 803.276.7570.