General Information For Visitors
As of Wednesday, February 10, 2021, Newberry Hospital is implementing a new limited visitation policy. We appreciate your understanding as we as healthcare providers continue to work through this difficult time. Our primary goal is to keep our patients, visitors and staff safe, while providing the best experience possible.
We are moving ahead with visitation cautiously and please understand that if positive cases and confirmed deaths increase we may have to revisit our processes once again.
The following are our latest guidelines:
- No visitors under the age of 18
- Visitors will enter through the front door
- Visitors will be screened and required to wear a mask the entire visit
- Visitors will be issued a sticker or wrist band to identify that the screening was completed
- Visitors will not be allowed to trade out with other family/friends
- Visitors will not be allowed if it is suspected that they have or are currently ill with COVID-19
- Surgery patients will be allowed 1 visitor
- The visitors will have to stay in the bay assigned to the patient until the patient is discharged
- ED patients will be allowed 1 visitor
- The visitor will have to stay in the room assigned to the patient until the patient is discharged
- Outpatient radiology and lab patients will only be allowed a visitor if medically necessary
- Oncology patients will not be allowed to have a visitor
- Visiting physician suite patients will be allowed a visitor if medically necessary
- Inpatients will be allowed 1 visitor from 9 am-noon, seven days a week
- Pediatric patients may have one family member stay with them while an inpatient
- Surgical patients that are being admitted will be allowed to have one visitor that will remain in the patient’s room until patient arrives and the visitor will be allowed to stay for approximately 1 hour after surgery and then will be required to leave
- ED patients or direct admit patients will be allowed 1 visitor to assist patient and staff with the admission process and the visitor will be allowed to stay approximately one hour
- ED visitors will be screened in the ED prior to going upstairs
- OB patients may have one family/support visitor throughout their entire stay
Free visitor parking is available in the main hospital parking lot located in the front of the building (Kinard Street). Handicapped parking is reserved at various locations in the front of the building. Please lock your car. Do not leave valuables such as purses, etc. in plain view. If dropping off or picking up a patient, pull through the covered entranceway at the front of the hospital. Please do not leave your car unattended in the covered entrance way.
The Gift Nook
The Gift Nook is located on the first floor at the visitor entrance. It offers cards, snacks, reading material, toiletry items, and charming gifts. The Gift Nook is open on weekdays and has limited weekend hours. Operated by the Newberry County Hospital Foundation, Gift Nook sales support the hospital through Foundation projects. Learn More
Visitor Waiting Rooms
Comfortable visitor waiting rooms are located on all patient units and in many service areas.
Guests may purchase meals from the cafeteria. You may also order a guest tray through the nursing staff up to one hour before meals.
Guest tray costs are:
- Breakfast - $5
- Lunch - $5
- Dinner - $5
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 8 a.m. (weekdays only)
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (weekdays only)
- Dinner: Guest trays may be ordered through the nursing staff
- Up4Grab cooler is available 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the café
There is a canteen with vending machines located at the basement level across from the elevators. A drink machine is also available at the Emergency Department entrance.
Many pastors and clergy members volunteer their time to minister to the spiritual needs of our patients. If you would like the services of pastoral care, ask your nurse or call 803.405-7130. Learn More
Restrooms are located throughout the hospital. Visitor restrooms are located on the first floor between the lobby and the laboratory. Visitors are asked not to use the facilities in the patient’s room.
If you have questions concerning visiting hours or to find the best times to visit your friends and family members, contact us at 803.276.7570.