General Information For Visitors
Beginning Tuesday, August 10, 2021, Newberry Hospital will be implementing the following visitation guidelines:
- One visitor a day between 8 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday and 9:00 am - 1:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Surgical patients may have one visitor
- Visitors must wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth
- Visitors will be screened upon entry
- Visitors with COVID-19 symptoms cannot visit
- If you are unvaccinated and are over the age of 65 or have chronic illnesses, we recommend you refrain from visiting
- Visitation exceptions will be approved as needed
Thank you for your continued patience.
Free visitor parking is available in the main hospital parking lot located in the front of the building (Kinard Street). Handicapped parking is reserved at various locations in the front of the building. Please lock your car. Do not leave valuables such as purses, etc. in plain view. If dropping off or picking up a patient, pull through the covered entranceway at the front of the hospital. Please do not leave your car unattended in the covered entrance way.
The Gift Nook
The Gift Nook is located on the first floor at the visitor entrance. It offers cards, snacks, reading material, toiletry items, and charming gifts. The Gift Nook is open on weekdays and has limited weekend hours. Operated by the Newberry County Hospital Foundation, Gift Nook sales support the hospital through Foundation projects. Learn More
Visitor Waiting Rooms
Comfortable visitor waiting rooms are located on all patient units and in many service areas.
Guests may purchase meals from the cafeteria. You may also order a guest tray through the nursing staff up to one hour before meals.
Guest tray costs are:
- Breakfast - $5
- Lunch - $5
- Dinner - $5
- Breakfast: 7:00 a.m. – 8 a.m. (weekdays only)
- Lunch: 11:15 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (weekdays only)
- Dinner: Guest trays may be ordered through the nursing staff
- Up4Grab cooler is available 7:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. in the café
There is a canteen with vending machines located at the basement level across from the elevators. A drink machine is also available at the Emergency Department entrance.
Many pastors and clergy members volunteer their time to minister to the spiritual needs of our patients. If you would like the services of pastoral care, ask your nurse or call 803.405-7130. Learn More
Restrooms are located throughout the hospital. Visitor restrooms are located on the first floor between the lobby and the laboratory. Visitors are asked not to use the facilities in the patient’s room.
If you have questions concerning visiting hours or to find the best times to visit your friends and family members, contact us at 803.276.7570.