Welcome to the Newberry County Memorial Hospital Department of Pharmacy Services. Our department is dedicated to providing excellent pharmaceutical care and customer service. Our team consists of the highly educated and motivated clinical pharmacists and certified pharmacy technicians. The department’s services and resources are enhanced with the support of Comprehensive Pharmacy Services and RxRemote Solutions (starting in March 2017).
Our goal is to collaborate with all members of the care team, including physicians, nursing, respiratory therapists, physical therapy, dietary and transitions of care managers, to ensure our patients receive safe, clinically beneficial, and cost-effective medication therapy to promote optimal patient outcomes and exceptional care.
- Collaboration with physicians to provide exceptional care with a personal touch
- Pharmacokinetic dosing and monitoring
- Medication reconciliation and Transitions of Care planning towards discharge
- Patient education
- Patient education classes on diabetes and heart failure at the Wellness Center
- Preparation of chemotherapy
- 340B medications to qualified patients through our Community Outreach Services
- Medication information and therapy support to local EMS and rescue squads
- Provide educational externships to Doctorate of Pharmacy candidates and Pharmacy Technician students
- Assist with vaccination programs through our Wellness Center
Note: We currently do not provide outpatient prescription services.